On 6th February 1863 the brethren of the Lodge headed by the RWM Bro. David Jeffrey travelled to Bridge of Weir to christen the house of Peter Alexandra, "The Masonic Arms".

This was carried out with due pomp and ceremony with the band leading the brethren three times around the house. On the third circuit, the Master came to the threshold and poured wine and oil over the Masonic symbols above the door while the Band played The Old Hundred. Afterwards, the Master and Brethren entered and opened their Lodge whereupon they conferred the E.A. degree on Archibald Turner, a cotton spinner from Bridge of Weir.

The RWM Bro. O.G McGregor ordered a special meeting of Brethren on 6th December 1863 in accordance with instructions received from the Provincial Grand Master intimating his desire to inspect the books and working of the Lodge generally.

There was a good muster of brethren. The RWM having opened the Lodge, the Deacons then introduced the visitor for the evening, Bro. Col. Campbell of Blythswood who was received with honours. A strict investigation of the books having taken place, the Bro. Campbell gave his unqualified approbation of the working of the Lodge and exhorted the new Office Bearers to do all in their power to keep up the honour and dignity of the Craft and in particular of this time honoured Lodge.

The installation of Office Bearers appointed at the recent election thereafter took place. Each Brother came before the PGM and on receipt of his jewel received impressive advice relative to his duties. The PGM having similar duties to perform in an neighbouring Lodge then left amid Masonic Honours.